Little Principles, Big Life™
We have made these Principles our own:
- TRUSTWORTHY. Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you.
- LOYAL. Show that you care about your family, friends, Leaders, school, and country.
- HELPFUL. Volunteer to help others without expecting a reward.
- FRIENDLY. Be a friend to everyone, even people who are very different from you.
- COURTEOUS. Be polite to everyone and always use good manners.
- KIND. Treat others as you want to be treated. Never harm or kill any living thing without good reason.
- OBEDIENT. Follow the rules of your family, school, and pack. Obey the laws of your community and country.
- CHEERFUL. Look for the bright side of life. Cheerfully do tasks that come your way. Try to help others be happy.
- THRIFTY. Work to pay your own way. Try not to be wasteful. Use time, food, supplies, and natural resources wisely.
- BRAVE. Face difficult situations even when you feel afraid. Do what you think is right despite what others might be doing or saying.
- CLEAN. Keep your body and mind fit. Help keep your home and community clean.
- REVERENT. Be reverent toward your God. Be faithful in your religious duties. Respect the beliefs of others.
These Principles are the Law of The Scouts. They encompass a simple, basic and good outlook on Life that should be exemplified by everyone and handed down throughout the generations.
Hats off to Lord and Lady Baden-Powell at their Celestial dwellings.